Sunday, August 01, 2004

as constant as the northen star.

God my fingers burn
Now when I think of touching your hair
You have changed so much that I don't know
If I can call you and tell you I care
And I would love to bring you down
Plant your feet back on the ground

[audiophile : so beautiful/ pete murray]

i am convinced now that we are unknowingly intertwined by our pasts, our presents and our futures. in the end, we cannot escape our destinies as we are helpless in the big picture. it is beauty in uncertainty and perfectness in imperfectness that makes the world go round. and it is the knowledge that i am strong enough to learn from my mistakes that will keep me going. i have no regrets.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What is REAL?" asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. "Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?"

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real."

"Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit.

"Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt."

~ from The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams

12:58 PM  
Blogger happypill said...

that's a really pretty story. thank you. :)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home