Saturday, August 07, 2004

existence and extinction.

I see dead people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead.
[haley joel osment in the sixth sense]

i believe that even if i were dead right now, i might not actually know it. or care for that matter. life is so transient, it's passing part and parcel of our existence.

Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered, and that my life is fleeing away.
[Psalm 39:4]

i wouldn't say i believe in ghosts but i've had erm, strange encounters. late one night, i sat at my porch talking to my dog paco when i spotted a lady with long, flowing hair standing across the road outside my neighbour's house. it was dark so i couldn't really see how she looked like. she was just standing there watching at me for some time, then suddenly when i happened to look up, she waved. i was slightly confused since i couldn't see her clearly, so i just went back inside. now get this... i don't have a neighbour living there with long, flowing hair. okay it is entirely possible she was visiting or something. but why would she be standing outside my neighbour's house? and watching me at that time of night? oh well.

on a lighter (and completely unrelated) note, i have said i'm quite tired of social activities. i won't go anywhere just to be a muse to someone. pity, wouldn't you say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home