Thursday, August 19, 2004

vested interest.

A little late for all the things you didn't say
I'm not sad for you
But I'm sad for all the time I had to waste
'Cause I learned the truth
Your heart is in a place I no longer want to be
I knew there'd come a day I'd set you free 'cause
I'm sick and tired of always being sick and tired

Your love isn't fair
You live in a world where you didn't listen
And you didn't care
So I'm floating, I'm floating on air (I am on air)

[audiophile : sick and tired/ anastacia]

i'm in a rather yadda-yadda mood having studied from 7.30pm all the way to midnight. the teachers are like piling revision exercises and remedials on our heads. i can hardly breathe, but i suppose i need it.

anyhow this thursday morning is quiet and peaceful save for li jiawei playing table tennis on tv now. she's doing pretty okay, winning the first two sets but losing the third. we'll see.

it occurs to me that it is best that i don't hear about some things. because the more i am informed the more i realise i didn't really want to know in the first place. as the philosopher alberto knox advised in sophie's world, wisest is she who knows she does not know.

i would be content everyday just to be near him. of all the strange and beautiful boys i know, he is the strangest and the most beautiful. there's no emotional investment, just the warmth of camaraderie.

and that just makes me sound like such a sucker, doesn't it? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home