Friday, November 05, 2004

you and me chasing paper, getting nowhere.



Two of us riding nowhere
Spending someone's hard earned pay
You and me Sunday driving
Not arriving on our way back home
We're on our way back home
We're on our way home
We're going home

Two of us sending postcards
Writing letters on my wall
You and me burning matches
Lifting latches on our way back home
We're on our way back home
We're on our way home
We're going home


[two of us/ aimee mann & michael penn]

i love the beatles to bits. this is another fantastic cover from the i am sam soundtrack, which is incidentally a very worthwile movie to watch too.

why do people visit this blog? are they interested, or are they just bored? why do i bother with its upkeep? is this just a place for me to gush over pretty lyrics and wax lyrical about my life because i have nothing better to do? is blogging just a medium for me to remind people i'm alive? do you all not think i'm slightly exhibitionistic for putting my life on show this way? or do you read everything objectively and conclude i'm not how i seem?

the rain pours every single afternoon, as though signifying the collective mood-- gray, and drab.

convince me this is all going to change.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read with an open mind, for your blog is an insight into your mind and your thoughts. (or at least thats what I keep telling myself, haha :p) I guess its difficult to conclude whether what your posts are what you really feel, cos you never know when your consciousness decides to keep quiet, but your subconscious subtly writes?

And to answer the question directly, I visit this blog because you're Bean, and you're special and unique however you change. You're like a tea leaf, always absorbing the environment, and always giving flavour and colour back. Most importantly, you're the solid amongst the liquid! :D

9:43 PM  
Blogger happypill said...

wow what a sweet comment.

but anyway i named this blog the tea leaf not because of my want to absorb the environment and give back... but because of my obsession with coffee! i wanted something that had a nice link with the coffee bean.

:D thank you for your thoughts...

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home