Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Toof.

Last year, when I was in Paris, I faced a minor dental emergency. Adventurously, I visited a Parisian dentist. One of the medications I was prescribed was a painkiller known as Propofan. Interestingly, I have found that the main component of Propofan, Dextropropoxyphene, was withdrawn in Singapore just shortly after. This was due to it's unfavourable side effects profile, including the potential for fatal overdose and cardiac arrythmias.

Haha. I am alive.

The dentist was really nice, and spoke cute accented English. His clinic was well-equipped as well. Made me think rather favourably of the French healthcare system afterwards.

Surgery MCQs tomorrow. I hope my current minor emergency clears up soon, before medicine clinicals on Saturday. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home