Thursday, January 15, 2015

Is the tea leaf dead?

Should thetealeaf be dead? It has been over three years since my last post. Who still reads this?

Recently I have been thinking that I still don't really know what I want. What do I expect from the past? A past I've already given up a few years ago. Did I expect it would come back easily?

Am I fooling myself yet again?

But somehow I feel like I will stupidly do something about it. And then perhaps regret it. :)

Across a city from you, I’m with you,
just as an August night
moony, inlet-warm, seabathed, I watched you sleep,
the scrubbed, sheenless wood of the dressing-table
cluttered with our brushes, books, vials in the moonlight - 
or a salt-mist orchard, lying at your side
watching red sunset through the screendoor of the cabin,
G minor Mozart on the tape-recorder,
falling asleep to the music of the sea.
This island of Manhattan is wide enough
for both of us, and narrow:
I can hear your breath tonight, I know how your face
lies upturned, the halflight tracing
your generous, delicate mouth
where grief and laughter sleep together.

-- Adrienne Rich, Twenty-One Love Poems

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home